February 21, 2011

I was reminded today of my old favorite quote from high school, "if you stand for nothing, you'll fall for anything." Now this was back when I was struggling with temptation from my non lds friends (k just to clarify they weren't tempting me on purpose or anything, I just had a different lifestyle..luv you guyz) and needed a constant reminder to remember who I was and what I stood for. I honestly haven't thought too much about that quote in a while; I suppose I didn't see the need to when I don't really have those same temptations anymore. But who am I kidding? We are faced with temptations every day of our lives! Just because I'm not one of the only mormons in my school doesn't mean I don't need to focus on being strong and standing up for what I believe in. I think it's a fantastic motto for all of us to live by. I automatically think of it from a religious stand point, but it doesn't have to be religious at all. It is so important to have opinions, and to have a voice. Granted I am definitely not the most opinionated person, but I have made certain decisions, developed my own views of the world, and set standards for myself that if I didn't do/have, I don't know what kinds of decisions I would be making. Moral of the story: remember who you are, amigos, and don't let people/circumstances influence you for the worst.

2 comments: