December 26, 2009


This is Stuart. You wouldn't know from the picture, but he is quite the athlete. I played volleyball with him one day, and he dominated. Next thing I know he's running down the road doing all sorts of flips and cart wheels. And, he's a killer handstand-er to boot. He's a natural. I'm not saying he's the next Michael Jordan or anything, BUT even if he was, would his talents lead him anywhere? Kids I met this summer in Uganda just don't have the same opportunities as kids here, and it breaks my heart. Seriously, they deserve more. They're lucky if they can even go to school, and they're even luckier if they have actual buildings for classrooms. We really, really need to be grateful for all we have here. Ugandans that I got to know this summer didn't worry about material possessions, all they know is their simple life, and they are completely content with that. I have never met happier people. We have a LOT to learn from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment